The department is working to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and their families. We do this by working with individuals, families, communities and other government agencies.
All families need support to meet their own needs and those of their children. Some families need extra support services when they are having difficulties. This is more important when these difficulties impact parenting and family life.
The department is coordinating the Victorian government response to the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. It is part of the department’s commitment to helping reduce child abuse in our community.
- Emergencies call 000 (triple zero) (External link)
- Find my local police station (External link)
- Victims of Crime Helpline 8am-11pm 1800 819 817 (External link)
- Child and family services information, referral and support teams (External link)
- Health services - Better Health Channel (External link)
- Community health services and directory (External link)