The procurement of goods and services by the department aligns to the Victorian Government Purchasing Board (VGPB) policies and directives established under the Financial Management Act 1994.
The department’s procurement function supports efficient and value for money practice that:
- is responsive to the Victorian public’s needs
- interacts professionally with the market
- offers value for money outcomes
- acts with integrity
- is seen by the public as fair, transparent and equitable
- will deliver cost savings to the department and taxpayers.
Read more about the department's general conditions for the provision of services and goods.
A summary of recent procurement activity and projects is also available in the department’s Annual Reports.
Submitting a tender offer
Suppliers interested in participating in any of the public procurement activities should visit the Buying for Victoria – Supplier Portal and register as a user for the Victorian Government Tenders System to set up email notifications for tender opportunities.
Registered users can view tender information and download relevant documentations, register for briefings and submit tender responses electronically.
For more information on submitting a tender offer:
- View the frequently asked questions section of the Buying for Victoria – Supplier Portal website
- Read Tips for winning Department of Justice and Community Safety business.
From 1 December 2022, to submit a tender offer for high value Victorian Government procurements of $3 million or more, you will need:
- a pre-assessment certificate issued by the Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
To find out more, visit Fair Jobs Code for suppliers and businesses on the Buying for Victoria website.
Procurement activities register
This register is updated annually and was last updated on 5 September 2022.
As per the VGPB’s procurement governance framework , the department will publish a high-level summary plan of its forecast public procurement activities over the next 6 to 18-month period.
Please note that:
- tenders will not be released on this website. All tenders will be issued on the Victorian Government Tenders System . Suppliers interested in participating in any of the public procurement activities should regularly monitor the Buying for Victoria – Supplier Portal website
- the date listed in the procurement activity register documents when the department is planning to commence its preparations for the procurement activity. The actual tender’s release date may be some time after the date listed.
- all forecast procurements are subject to revision or cancellation. The procurement activity register is provided for information only and does not present a solicitation or constitute a request for proposal, nor is it a commitment by the department to purchase the described goods or services. There is no obligation to respond to or return any unsolicited bids received.